Ingredient: Chinese licorice root & rhizome (gan cao).
FUNCTIONS: Tonifies spleen, replenishes qi, clears heat, removes toxin, moistens lungs, controls cough, harmonizes the stomach and spleen, harmonizes all herbs.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Gan Cao
- Glycyrrhizae Radix
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Sweet, neutral
- All twelve channels
- Heart, lung, spleen, and stomach, in particular
- Tonifies the spleen and supplements the qi
- Brings moisture to the lungs to alleviate cough
- Cools heat and relieves fire toxicity
- Works in combination with other herbs to balance their effects
- Not recommended for those with distention or fullness in chest or abdomen
Commonly Found In:Tu-huo & Loranthus Combination, Lonicera & Forsythia Formula, Zizyphus Combination