Ingredient: Chinese salvia root & rhizome (dan shen).
FUNCTIONS: Invigorates blood circulation, cools blood, nourishes blood, calms mental irritability, nourishes the heart.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Dan Shen
English: Salvia Root
- Salviae miltiorrhizae Radix
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Bitter, slightly cold
- Heart, pericardium, liver
- Stimulates the blood and disperses stagnant blood
- Cools heat and blood
- Supplements the blood and pacifies the spirit
- Not recommended for those who are pregnant
- Not recommended to be combined with Li Lu
Commonly Found In:
- Ginseng & Zizyphus Formula