Ingredient: Cinnamon twig (gui zhi) (Cinnamomum cassia).
Pin-Yin: Gui Zhi
English: Cinnamon Twigs
- Cinnamomi Ramulus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Acrid, warm, sweet
- Lung, heart, bladder
- Cools heat, relieves fire toxicity, and alleviates abscesses
- Encourages urination to relieve dampness
- Use with in lower doses for those who are pregnant
- Not recommended for those with warm-heat pathogen disease, excess heat in the blood, or yin deficiency
Commonly Found In:
- Cinnamon & Hoelen Formula, Persica & Rhubarb Combination, Cinnamon Twig Formula
FUNCTIONS: Induces sweating, resolves exterior, warms and promotes the flow of channels, balances Ying qi and Wei qi, removes obstruction in qi, reinforces yang, opens yang qi in the chest.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.