Ingredient: Chinese hawthorn fruit (shan zha).
Pin-Yin: Shan Zha
English: Hawthorn Fruits
- Crataegi Fructus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Sour, sweet, slightly warm
- Liver, spleen, stomach
- Reduces food stagnation and transforms accumulation
- Transforms blood stasis and dissipates clumps
- Aids in stopping of diarrhea
- Large dosages highly not recommended for those during pregnancy
- Use with caution for those with deficiency of spleen and stomach
Commonly Found In:
- Citrus & Crataegus Formula
FUNCTIONS: Promotes food digestion and resolves accumulation, expels phlegm and eliminates food stagnancy.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.