Ingredient: Jujube fruit (da zao).
FUNCTIONS: Tonifies spleen and stomach, moistens heart and lungs, nourishes and pacifies spirit, smoothes herbal actions, harmonizes all drugs.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Da Zao
- Jujubae Fructus
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Sweet, warm
- Spleen, stomach
- Augments qi
- Tonifies the spleen
- Nourishes the blood and calms the spirit
- Moderates and harmonizes the harsh properties of other herbs
- Not recommended for those with excess heat, damp-heat, or phlegm-heat
- Use with caution for those with abundant dampness or qi stagnation
Commonly Found In:
- Minor Bupleurum Combination, Ginseng & Longan Combination, Ginseng & Astragalus Combination, Siler & Astragalus Formula, Platycodon & Fritillaria Combination