Ingredient: Red peony root (chi shao).
FUNCTIONS: Cools blood, invigorates blood circulation, disperses stagnancy, cleanses liver heat.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Chi Shao
English: Red Peony
- Paeoniae Radix rubra
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Sour, bitter, slightly cold
- Liver, spleen
- Invigorates the blood and dispels blood stasis
- Clears heat and cools the blood
- Use caution with those with cold from deficiency
- Should not be consumed for any blood deficient disorder
- Not recommended to be combined with Li Lu
Commonly Found In:
- Cinnamon & Hoelen Formula; Persica & Achyranthes Combination; Persica, Carthamus & Tang-kuei