Peucedanum | 前胡
Practitioners: Please LOGIN to view wholesale price.
Ingredient: Peucedanum root (qian hu) (Peucedanum praeruptorum).
Pin-Yin: Qian Hu
- Peucedani Radix
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Bitter, acrid, slightly cold
- Directs qi downward and dispels phlegm
- Disperses and scatters wind-heat
- Not recommended for those with cough due to fire from yin deficiency
- Not recommended for those with cough associated with cold, thin mucus
- Use with caution as it has been noted to counteract Li Lu
Commonly Found In:
- Schizonepeta & Siler Formula, Ginseng & Mentha Formula, Apricot & Perilla Formula