Scute | 黃芩
Practitioners: Please LOGIN to view wholesale price. This item can only be purchased by a licensed practitioner. Find a practitioner
Ingredient: Chinese skullcap root (huang qin).
FUNCTIONS: Cleanses heat from upper jiao, clears heat and dries dampness, purges fire, removes toxin, stops bleeding, calms fetus.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Huang Qin
- Scutellariae Radix
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Bitter, cold
- Heart, lung, gallbladder, large intestine, small intestine
- Clears heat
- Dries dampness
- Resolves toxicity
- Aids in stopping bleeding
- Sedates ascendant liver yang
- Use with caution as bitterness can cause discomfort in the stomach and diarrhea.
Commonly Found In:
- Minor Bupleurum Combination, Coptis and Scute Combination, Gentiana Combination, etc.