Bai Shao Yao
Ingredient: Chinese peony root without bark (bai shao).
FUNCTIONS: Tonifies blood, astringes yin, controls pain, alleviates sudden onset of disease.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pin-Yin: Bai Shao Yao
English: White Peony
- Paeoniae Radix alba
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica (Bensky et al.)
- Sour, bitter flavor, mildly cold
- Nourishes the blood
- Calms liver yang
- Alleviates pain
- Preserves the yin and adjusts nutritive and protective levels
- None noted
Commonly Found In:
- Bupleurum and Peony Formula, Dang Gui and Bupleurum Formula, Apricot Seed and Linum Formula, etc.